Thursday, September 9, 2010

CHER: "BURLESQUE IS CHRISTINA'S MOVIE"

"WELL, LIZ … I’m not really the star. It’s Christina Aguilera’s movie. But, I’m, you know – pivotal. Me and Stanley Tucci are the meat of the thing. But I’m not the star."

That was Cher, being modest about her role in the hugely anticipated "Burlesque" movie. Cher is always modest.

I managed to scrape this little bit of info from the one-and-only Cher in the most nefarious way. While dining out with Liz Rosenberg, who reps the eternal star, Liz’s cell phone rang. She looked at it and said, "It’s Cher." And before anybody could say "It’s none of your business," I plucked the phone from Liz’s hand and said, "Hi, Cher, this is the other big Liz in your life!"

So, we laughed a bit, and she sounds terrific – full of energy. As we spoke of her stellar qualities, I did mention that the poster for "Burlesque" is a dramatic and glam two-shot of Christina and herself. "Do you still insist you are not the star?" I said. She replied, "Well, it’s not like it’s me alone. Christina’s there. Are you trying to make trouble, Hedda?" (Cher knows her Hollywood history. Indeed, she might have even encountered Hedda Hopper during the heady early days of Sonny & Cher.)

Reluctantly, I gave the phone back to Miss Rosenberg, though I extracted a promise from Cher for something "excloosive" soon.

Sometimes, a gal from Texas has to forget her manners to nab a story.

Source: Wowowow
Credits: ChurchofChristina

No comments:

Post a Comment