Saturday, March 3, 2012

[NEWS] #TEAMXTINA'S SERA HILL SAYS PERFORMING WITH CHRISTINA WAS A 'DREAM COME TRUE'

The Voice contestant Sera Hill has said that performing with Christina Aguilera was a “dream come true”.

The hotel worker had just finished her blind audition performance of Mary J Blige’s ‘I’m Going Down’ when Aguilera, who had turned her chair around and become her mentor, said she felt inspired to join her on stage.

Aguilera and Hill then sang a few lines of ‘I’m Going Down’ together for the audience and fellow coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Cee Lo Green.

Speaking to reporters this week, Hill said: “That was unbelievable. She is my idol, she is an icon, and I wasn’t expecting it.

“I was just trying not to trip and fall and sing the notes right! Christina singing with me was just an added bonus and so very, very surreal. It was a dream come true, absolutely.”

Hill said that she had no idea Aguilera only had one spot left on her season two team when she took to the stage, although she did know she was one of the last contestants to audition.

“I was hoping I would actually get to audition,” she said. “I was one of the last people to go and was like, ‘Oh, gosh, what if all the teams are full and no-one picks me?’ The fact Christina turned around and liked ‘I’m Going Down’ was just amazing.

“It helps me bring back the real soul and music I always loved. She is the best role model for that.”

As for what she is expecting from the upcoming battle rounds, she said: “I’m excited and I’m just looking forward to seeing what Christina has in mind for the battle rounds and how she pairs the teams up.”

She added: “Everyone is so incredible and I can’t wait to see what she comes up with and do my best with it.”

Source: DigitalSpy
Credits: MissXtinaNet

No comments:

Post a Comment