Thursday, May 27, 2010

CLAUDE KELLY TALKS ABOUT CHRISTINA AND GAGA COMPARISONS


Fans have already gotten a pretty good taste of what they can expect from Christina Aguilera's upcoming album, Bionic, out June 8. In addition to the singles "Woohoo" and "Not Myself Tonight," other tracks from the disc have leaked online. Despite rumors that worries about the album's success are what prompted Aguilera to postpone her summer tour to 2011, songwriter Claude Kelly said it will be the album of the summer.
"I'm excited about Christina," Kelly told MTV News at the "Sex and the City 2" premiere, where he also dished about working with Leona Lewis and Jennifer Hudson on their track for the flick.
Kelly said that he enjoyed hitting the studio with Aguilera to cook up some choice tunes for the release.
"I did 'Woohoo,' which is the single out now," he shared about the track that also features Nicki Minaj. "I did 'Glam,' which is kind of like futuristic, kind of an homage to 'Vogue' by Madonna. [I did] a song called 'Vanity.' [I did one called] 'I Hate Boys.' She has a fun record coming out."
Aguilera's look during TV appearances and videos of late has led some Lady Gaga fans to accuse Christina of biting Gaga's style. Kelly said the two pop queens couldn't be more different.
"I will say that there's room for everybody," he said. "I also know Gaga as well. She's incredible. They really are honestly two different powerhouses. Once the album comes out and they hear what Christina's doing, I don't think the comparisons will last. But, I mean, at the end of the day, they're both amazing women."
Source: MTV

No comments:

Post a Comment