Thursday, July 28, 2011

[NEWS] DITA VON TEESE: 'OF COURSE, I CAN'T SING LIKE CHRISTINA AGUILERA, BUT...'

What’s your favorite song to perform to?
I have all my own music made, which is one of my favorite parts of creating these shows. I find obscure music from the past and have musicians re-record it with all new instruments and change certain parts. I have a great guy who works with me on my music. I’m not really a singer, but I had an idea as a tribute to one of my idols Gypsy Rose Lee. I decided to record a song. I recorded this about four years ago for the Crazy Horse when I was there. It’s a song that Mae West originally called “A Guy Takes His Time.” Incidentally, last year in the movie Burlesque, they also used that song after they saw me perform it. Of course, I can’t sing like Christina Aguilera, but it’s definitely done in my own style and has a great musical arrangement.
[To read the entire interview with Ms. Teese, click the source.]

Source: OffBeat

No comments:

Post a Comment