Monday, April 25, 2011

[NEWS] WHAT'S NEX-TINA?

Last week I wondered aloud to you all if NBC's "The Voice" could do for Christina Aguilera what Fox's "American Idol" has done for Jennifer Lopez -- ya know, reinvigorate a floundering recording career while simultaneously reminding America why they fell in love with her to begin with.

And judging from early previews of her as a judge/mentor, "The Voice" offers Christina the perfect platform to own up to -- and move beyond -- her past mistakes while also coming across like a fun, bubbly superstar.

With that out of the way, the next logical question is: How will Christina financially capitalize on this resurgence? Cue the new CD chatter!

"For this one, I really want to make a real rooted, heartfelt record. After someone goes through the things that I have, regarding a divorce, there's a lot of emotions that are stirred," she tells USA Today.

"I prove to myself that I'm stronger than just to let things take over me, and take over my head space. I'm very honest with myself in seeing if there are things that I need to change about my life, or if there are things I need to do stepping forward. That's in part why I got the divorce. It's a new beginning for me. It's all positivity for me. I've been through some hard things, but I'm on the up and up. I love to sing. It's what moves me and inspires me. To be able to do that is a gift."

I don't know about you, but I could swear that paragraph is filled with more lyrics and song titles than a thousand teen girl diaries.

Source: NY Post

No comments:

Post a Comment