Wednesday, March 24, 2010

'Not Myself Tonight' Song Details: "Not Hip Hop Or R&B At All"

My friend is at the audition. I'm on the phone with him now. Jeri is the choreographer, and Gilbert is assisting. Basically, Gilbert already has the job. Kiki and Gil Duldulao (Janet's choreographer) are watching. Not sure if Kiki and Gil will be dancing with her. They're just watching.

Okay, first things first. The song. It's not hip hop or R&B at all. The song is very Pop. It kinda gives me a BEP/PCD kinda vibe. Doesn't sound like Polow Da Don's typical stuff. I wouldn't expect this to get played at a Hip Hop club or anything. So, to the people worrying about "ghetto this" and "ghetto that", it's not. From what I could hear, it's not an extremely fast uptempo or anything. It's an uptempo in the way "Dirrty" was. It's fast-ish (is that word? ), but not super speed like "Ain't No Other Man" was. Kinda like "Buttons" as far as speed. Christina is giving you full out vocals. It's not subdued or autotuned. She's giving you signature Christina. "Tell Me" vocals with the belts on certain words here and there. I couldn't hear it crystal clear, because they have the music so damn loud. The dancers are only auditioning to the intro, first verse, and the hook. They're not playing the full song.

The guys just finished, and they made the first cut. He's still in! The girls are back in, and they're making the second cut. He's waiting around outside for the 2nd guy round, and said it'll probably be a long night.
Credits: The-Dream

3 comments:

  1. we should get him to record a bit even if it sounds low quality. anything is better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...IDK i'm kinda afraid this song will disapointing me, but I hope this song is so cool! I mean the cover is so not futuristic LOL... But I really like it

    ReplyDelete
  3. gaaaaaaaaaah i need this song!!!

    ReplyDelete