Thursday, July 1, 2010

[MULTIMEDIA] ET EXCLUSIVE: 'BIONIC' CHRISTINA AGUILERA ON MUSIC AND MOTHERHOOD

[SMART-PHONE FRIENDLY]

Christina Aguilera is back in the spotlight after a four-year break with her new hit album Bionic and the upcoming movie ‘Burlesque,’ and the multiple-Grammy winner reveals to ET’s own Kevin Frazier whether or not she plans to expand her family!

“Bionic is definitely my baby at the moment,” says Christina. “Eventually, in the future, I do want to expand on my family and have another one, but for now, Bionic is the baby and ‘Burlesque’ is the other baby.”

“I couldn’t be happier about … the fact that the album’s inspired by my son, and the future, and the feeling of the movement of electronica music, in a sense,” says Christina, “but still maintaining that rawness of having those definite ballads that evoke that pure, honest emotion. … Being able to just pour my heart out into the beauty and emotion of a song is very important to me.”

What kept her from the spotlight for so much time? Christina explains: “The first year we spent touring, getting pregnant, living that out, becoming a mother, taking the first year to sort of do the mom thing, feel what that’s really like, and then be inspired for my new record. Then I accepted the movie ‘Burlesque,’ and that was almost a year away from the public eye.”

Christina stars opposite Cher, Kristen Bell, Eric Dane, Alan Cumming, Julianne Hough and more in the upcoming big-screen musical, in theaters this November, and she says of the ‘Burlesque’ experience, “Acting is a completely different animal, but it definitely is something — it gave me a lot of tools to now use in my world of music.”

And Christina says that when she goes home at night after work, her two-year-old son Max with hubby Jordan Bratman gets all the attention a child deserves from a loving mother: “I sing my son to sleep with ‘Mary Poppins’ [songs],” she says, “and rock and cradle him and cover him up in bed and do really silly things that we won’t even mention.”

Watch ET for more with Christina Aguilera!

Source: ET

No comments:

Post a Comment