Monday, November 29, 2010

A CHER FAN REVIEWS BURLESQUE AND WALKS OUT HOPELESSLY IN LOVE WITH CHRISTINA

Best Musical Since Funny Girl, 28 November 2010

10/10

Author: rblayer from San Antonio, Texas

Growing up in the 60's I went to see "Burlesque" because of Cher. I walked out hopelessly in love with Christina Aguilera. For over a decade now I have wrongfully categorized this beautiful and talented young women in a group with the likes of other blonde paparazzi favorites like Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, Lady Gaga, et al. To atone for this sin, I immediately ordered three of her albums. I can add little to the earlier rave reviews of this film, other than to say it was 100 minutes of sheer joy. Anyone complaining about this movie's plot should never, ever be allowed into a musical. I wouldn't be surprised to see numerous Oscar nominations for musical score, art direction, editing, costumes, and yes, even acting. We can only pray for more of these "Cabaret" and "Chicago" type films.

No comments:

Post a Comment