Tuesday, November 23, 2010

'BURLESQUE' IS AN EYE-POPPING EXTRAVAGANZA EMULATING SHEER EXCELLENCE!


'BURLESQUE' - THE UNOFFICIAL, OFFICIAL FILM REVIEW

"An EYE-POPPING EXTRAVAGANZA, EMULATING SHEER EXCELLENCE - ALL IN ONE, EFFORTLESS EXPERIENCE."

BY: Joel A. Horton

"A dream come true..." were the first words I used to describe the spectacle that is 'Burlesque.' Never have I EVER been more captivated visually, mentally, emotionally, physically during a musical. Needless to say, this film exceeded my expectations. From the moment the film began, I was head over heels with excitement. Cher, Stanley Tucci deliver delectable performances, and to be honest, there are no weak acts in this feature film. The one and only, there never will be another, Christina Aguilera..., did not disappoint either.

For Christina's feature film debut as an actress, she excelled in many aspects only some of her contemporaries could only dream of. Christina's performance was believable, sensational, emotionally investing, and left me begging for more. She demonstrated a wide range of talent in a well executed performance. She gives you raw emotion, a naive sensibility, cunning wit, an arresting presence, and bitchiness with a bite to back it up. I'm honestly not even certain if that covers it all or not, but you get my point. Christina's performance in 'Burlesque' is going to be a vehicle that will take her anywhere she wants to go in the acting realm of the entertainment world. Great job, Christina.

The storyline, although predictable, aces the test in this type of format. Our story delivered in ways that capture your heart, body, soul, and mind. There are no stale aspects to this film as well. Most importantly, it's a believable piece of work that offers a little something for everyone. I was taken aback in some points of the film by how I was stunned or astonished at what was happening that either made me audibly gasp, or that literally took my breath away. There were also moments that had me welling up in tears, or exploding with laughter. A truly sensational experience. On the opposite side to the spectrum, there were a few moments that were a bit dorky, but all in all, this only added to the movie's charm.

The musical numbers are sewn well together as well in the storyline and offer an insight into the feelings and emotions that are being enacted on screen. The editing is flawless and is another great job well done. The musical numbers surge with electrifying elements that really do make you want to "get your ass up, and show me how you Burlesque."

'Burlesque,' I dare say, has redefined the musical as we know it.

'Burlesque's' Overall Grade:
'A-'

No comments:

Post a Comment