Monday, November 22, 2010

'CASTLE WALLS' WILL BE THE NEXT SINGLE OFF OF 'NO MERCY,' OUT DEC. 7TH

'Castle Walls' will serve as the next single off the rapper's No Mercy, due out December 7. By James Dinh, with reporting by Tim Kash

Producer Alex Da Kid might be relatively new to the industry, but the British hitmaker has already proven that he can strike gold when bringing together artists of different musical genres. With production credits on summertime scorchers like "Airplanes" (B.o.B and Hayley Williams) and "Love the Way You Lie" (Eminem and Rihanna), the 27-year-old music mind reveals he's now trying his hand with another duo: T.I. and Christina Aguilera.

While on the American Music Awards red carpet, Kid spoke to MTV News about "Castle Walls," the track he produced for the recently incarcerated rapper's forthcoming album, which features the pop star. Not only did the producer reveal that the song is set to be the next single off Tip's No Mercy, but he also gushed about how the song will grab a variety of listeners.

"It's going to be T.I.'s next single," he told MTV News about the collabo. "I love it. I think it's amazing. It's my sound, just kind of an evolution of that. I think it'll cater to a lot of different people."

A reported snippet of the track minus T.I. surfaced on the Internet a few weeks ago and finds Aguilera gently singing over a steady, mellow beat about the downfalls of loneliness: "Everyone thinks that I have it all/ But it's so empty living behind these castle walls (These castle walls)/ If I should tumble if I should fall/ Would anyone hear me screaming behind these castle walls?/ There's no one here at all, behind these castle walls."

"Castle Walls" isn't the only star-studded effort on the MC's new album. No Mercy will also feature appearances from Eminem, Kanye West, Chris Brown and The-Dream. The ATL rapper's collaboration with Em, "All She Wrote," leaked online last Tuesday.

Are you excited for T.I. and Xtina's collaboration? Share your thoughts!

Source:
DYB

No comments:

Post a Comment