Thursday, December 9, 2010

RYAN GOSLING ON CHRISTINA: "THESE PEOPLE (CHRISTINA) WERE CHILD PRODIGIES"

The casting agent at 'The New Mickey Mouse Club' was a genius. So many have turned out to be big stars.
Yeah, Matt Casella. He's incredible.
Do you miss the forced smiling and singing?
No. I didn't even like it when we were doing it. I just felt like I was around all these kids who were fulfilling their destiny, and you can tell when you look at someone like Christina Aguilera and she's 12-years-old and she's got that voice. She's right where she's meant to be. I didn't feel that way.
You must be able to sing, otherwise they wouldn't have cast you.
I can sing, but I'm not like Christina. These people were child prodigies and a child prodigy I was not. I think the 'Mickey Mouse Club' even wondered how I got there. I didn't work very much on that show. I think I saw some regret on Mickey's immobile face.
Source: PopEater

1 comment: