Sunday, April 10, 2011

[NEWS] PARA TODOS FULL TRANSLATED INTERVIEW

Christina Aguilera, has an undeniable beauty that from time to time she tries to overshadow with different and extreme looks, while other times she manages to exude it. Christina Aguilera, proud of her Latin roots, has worked tirelessly to forge a multifaceted career as a singer, songwriter and actress. Always demanding more.

When she was just 13 years old, she began her career in the entertainment world on the television series, 'The Mickey Mouse Club,' along with Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake, whom would rise to fame as well. After two years on the popular series, she decided to focus on her singing career. Her name began to ring in 1998 when she was selected from a group of known singers to sing the theme song for Disney's animated feature, Mulan, titled 'Reflection.' Following this success, Christina gets a record deal with RCA to record her first solo album.

Christina Aguilera released her first album on August 24, 1999 which included her first single, 'Genie in a Bottle,' this one turning her from singer to star immediately, and giving her first #1 on the Billboard charts. The album also contained the hit singles 'What a Girl Wants,' 'I Turn to You,' and 'Come On Over Baby.' The album reached the top spot on the Billboard charts along with her first single. Her greatest triumph was achieved in 2000, when she was nominated and won the Grammy for 'Best New Artist,' competing against the likes of Britney Spears, Kid Rock and others.

After the success of her debut album, Aguilera does not stand still. She begins a tour and reveals pride in her Latin roots by launching a Spanish album, 'Mi Reflejo,' in September 2000, setting herself apart from her peers. 'Mi Reflejo,' becomes one of the most successful spanish albums with more than 5 million copies sold worldwide and providing her with her first Latin Grammy for 'Best Pop Album.'

As her career continued to rise, she releases Stripped which included the hits 'Beautiful,' 'Fighter,' and 'The Voice Within.' Internationally, Stripped goes on to be one of the most successful albums of 2003. 'Beautiful' earns Aguilera her fourth Grammy for 'Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.'

After taking a break, Christina returns in 2006 with Back to Basics, where she experiments with sounds of the 20's, 30's, and 40's by paying homage to her love for jazz and blues. The album contains the hit singles 'Candyman' and 'Ain't No Other Man,' the latter providing her with her fifth Grammy for 'Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.'

After Back to Basics, Aguilera announced to the world that she was expecting her first baby, Max.

In 2010 she returned with a new album, a film on the big screen, and a star at the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In November 2010 the film Burlesque, in which she stars with the icon Cher, premieres and manages to gross more than $ 80 million worldwide. The year brought triumphs, but also difficult times, and in October she filed for divorce to the father of her son, Jordan Bratman.

The year 2011 is set to be a positive one for the singer, she is gonna be one of the 4 coaches for the new NBC singing competition show "The Voice", this one designed to find new vocal talents and is set to premiere April 26 on NBC.

We met with the singer to discuss her life, her new television project, new music and dreams. The charismatic Christina Aguilera looked very friendly and more accessible than ever.

What made you agree to be a part of The Voice?
The project is running according to the purpose for which it was created. The concept is not a negative show, in contrast, it seeks to emphasize positive qualities and talents without trying to school the contestants and is based solely on vocal qualities.
What are you looking for as a judge on The Voice?
An unexpected, special voice that moves you. An instinctive reaction. Undeniable talent.
Have any of your songs been performed during an audition?
It is very gratifying to hear someone singing your songs. But it is difficult to judge because you're used to listening to the way one sings it. It is difficult to assess the performance of a song of yours when someone else is singing it.
The motive behind The Voice is that mentors find new talents. Who were your mentors?
Whitney Houston and Etta James, to name a few.
Has anything funny happened behind the scenes with the other judges that you can share with us?
Lots of stuff! None that I want to mention. They are naughty boys, that we must keep behaved. We have a lot of fun.
What is your best memory of Mi Reflejo?
It was the first time that i was heard by my latin fans since my career had begin and to share that in a language that I love is amazing.
You've mentioned that you want to record a second album in Spanish ... Is it possible? Or will you just include a couple of Spanish songs on your next English album?
Yes, yes, yes! Spanish will always be a part of my music to some degree and I still have every intention of recording another album in Spanish.
What is it that you like the most about your Latin roots?, what do you admire about the culture?
I love the passion, fire, and deep love and pride you have for your culture. The Spanish language is beautiful.
Recently you were in Brazil, how was that experience?
Unbelievable!. I had a huge welcome! When I arrived at the airport I was greeted by thousands of my fans.
Do you have any plans to visit other Latin American countries?
All of them! My Latin fans are unbelievable!
What are your best memories of Latin America?
There is this incredible energy that I get from my fans there. Sometimes the concerts can be dangerous because the fans get so excited and out of control and they get very attached to the barricade that protects the stage.
What music are you listening to these days?
Ive been listening to Lauryn Hill and Nina Simone, the music that inspires me.
Have you been reading any scripts for a possible second movie?
I have. I wanted to make another movie, but I'm focusing on my series, my team, and my music for now.
Let's talk about the new album, are you recording or writing any new material? Towards what direction is your creativity heading?
Yes, I am constantly writing and recording music. After last year, I've had a tremendous growth and gained much strength. I really want to share this in a very deep and honest way through my music.
You have recorded four albums in English, each one has produced hit singles in the last decade. What's it like with so many accomplishments and what motivates you as an artist to continue creating music?
Music is my passion and my love. Music is who I am and what I have been put on this earth to do.
My favorite songs are 'The Voice Within' and 'You Lost Me.' Which one is the most personal?
'The Voice Within' was a song written when I was finally free to write and express my own thoughts and feelings at the end of the day. Very early in my life I had to rely on myself, so I always had to find my truth in me.
Would you like to do a duet with someone?
I always have a list that evolves and progresses. I enjoyed working with Jennifer Hudson lately. She is a divine girl with a super voice.
What is your favorite movie? book?
The Sound of Music because it reminds me of my childhood. Also, Alice in Wonderland that was my favorite book growing up.
What other dreams do you still have yet to achieve?
I am someone who gives more than expected, I have a list of things I want to do that never ends. I am very focused on the here and now and try to live life spontaneously. If I had to make a list, I would learn to cook, continue to improve my Spanish, record an album in Spanish, and possibly learn to drive. Can you believe I have not learned to do that yet?
Would you someday write your autobiography?
Possibly, yes, for motivational reasons.
What has been the best moment that fame has brought to you, and what has been the hardest?
The best moments are when I'm on tour. I feel like I really connect with my fans most. The worst would be losing my personal freedom.
How do you balance so many projects while raising your son?
Each person finds their own balance that works for them.
What advice would you give to those trying to enter the music industry and other branches of entertainment?
Be prepared to work hard. But if you're passionate and you can not see yourself doing something else, anything is possible. Surround yourself with people who support you, real people, and try to find your own inner voice.
Britney Spears recently said she loves your song 'Woohoo.' Do you have a favorite song of hers?
I remember loving the work she had done with Moby ['Early Mornin']. And her first single, Baby One More Time, was fantastic. A brilliant pop song.
Do you have any daily rituals?
Wash my face and apply moisturizer before bedtime. Having healthy skin is important to me.
How do you see yourself in five years?
It's hard to say. Still doing what I do. Making it bigger and better than ever. I think one gets better with age. I'll never stop doing what I love and finding new ways to explore my creativity.
Last question, what is your message for your fans?
First of all a big thank you! for being by my side throughout my career, and that theres much more to come, just wait for it.
Credits: SodaClub & Joel Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment