Tuesday, May 31, 2011

[ART] 'FOCUS' FAN ART BY: CUPTOW555


Painting Description:
I started with the intention of strictly copying the photograph of Christina Aguilera, but quickly let go and tried to add a more painterly feel. I also wanted to make the eye focus immediately to Christina's Face and eyes. Afterwards, hopefully your eye will move around the edges of painting.

Anyways I spent FOREVER on this one. I would say at least 50 hours total?

I really got extremely detailed with this painting. I made it a HUGE file and was zooming in quite a bit. The smudge tool is my best friend.

I need to learn some kind of hand exercises so I don't freaking get carpal tunnel or arthritis or something. My hands hurts SO BAD after this painting.
You can follow the painter, Chip Whitehouse, on Twitter.

1 comment: