Monday, January 9, 2012

[NEWS] CHRISTINA AGUILERA WEIGHT GAIN: SINGER SILENCES CRITICS

It looks like Christina Aguilera is staying true to her self-acceptance message from her 2002 hit 'Beautiful.' The 31-year-old pop star is standing up to harsh critics and bullies who have scrutinized her recent weight gain and labeled her as "fat."

Aguilera was heavily criticized for showing off a noticeably curvier figure at Michael Jackson's tribute concert back in October, and has been targeted by the newly svelte E! 'Fashion Police' host Kelly Osbourne on multiple occasions.

Aguilera addressed the issue at a press conference for 'The Voice' on Friday (Jan. 6), saying, "I've been in this [business] for a long time. I came out on the scene when I was 17 years old. You can never be too much of anything. You can never be too perfect, too thin, too curvy, voluptuous, this, that. I've been on all sides of the spectrum as far as any female in this business."

The reality TV judge continued, "As long as I'm happy in my own skin, that's all I need. I'm happy with where I'm at. I have a boyfriend that loves my body. I love my body." Aguilera is currently dating production assistant Matthew Rutler.

Xtina even cited her notoriously racy music videos in a bid to prove her point. "I think my video works over the years have spoken to that ... As you know, 'Dirrty' and so on, and 'Lady Marmalade'. I've been no stranger to being very comfortable in my own skin to take those risks, to take those chances."

The superstar also revealed how motherhood has helped put things into perspective. She mentioned her son Max, who turns 4 years old this week (Jan. 12). "My son is healthy and happy. That's all that matters."

Source: AOL Music Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment