Friday, August 14, 2009

Blogger Talks about Christina's New Album.

The first news of Christina Aguilera's next album came in April, when Sia gave us an update on their collaboration via Twitter. News is now spreading that the songstress is gathering slews of indie faves to freshen up her "Dirrrty" sound.

Earlier this week Christina revealed (on her radio station... who knew?) that she has also teamed up with new mom M.I.A and the gorgeous Santigold for her upcoming fourth studio album, "Light & Darkness." Kudos, Chris -- snagging M.I.A. is a big deal! Aside from a Timbaland collaboration on his "Shock Value" album, this will be her only other music match-up in the pop world.

With other reported contributions coming from Le Tigre, Linda Perry, Tricky Stewart, Ladytron and Goldfrapp, I worry that this "new sound" she promises to bring may just be a whole bunch of other artists layered over the same tired X-tina antics. And even though I'm not the biggest Christina fan, I may just fall for her trickery. I mean I don't like cats, but if you dress one up like an adorable teddy bear and make it play the saxophone, I'll totally listen to it.

Source: PopWrap

No comments:

Post a Comment