Thursday, August 13, 2009

Transcript of Christina's Message to Fans

"I'm so glad you guys are liking my new channel. I got an email from Hillary in New York City who was asking about my new album and actually seems to be the number one topic, I know I can't let too much out of the bag too soon, I just can't, because I really want you guys to be surprised and to experience first-hand what I'm talking about-er-what I'm not talking too much about, too soon in the game. But wrapping everything up now, in the final stages of the record, and I'm just so thrilled, I think I'm most proud of this work than I have ever been, just because I have worked with so many amazing and incredible talented people, a lot of different collaborations, working with a lot of artists that I really love and listen to, respect and admire. Sia, the singer, songwriter has done some work with "Breathe Me," one of her main, amazing beautiful songs, we did a lot of work on this record together and she's just a complete gem, she's truly just a talented force to be reckoned with and I so enjoyed her company. I think we really created some super crazy magic together. I got the chance to sort of write with Santogold, M.I.A., Ladytron, artists that I really love. The overall versatility of this record is truly something special for me, I actually experimented with so many types of textures and sounds of my voice that I've never showcased and I've never even really knew that I could do. Working with so many different people, I really kind of wanted to step into their worlds, them into my world, and just get the best of both worlds and see what happened, and really experiment which is honestly what I try to do with every record so that I'm not making the same song over and over, and over again. I really like to step outside of my own box and really check out artists and this was the first time that I really collaborated with so many at once and it was just so exciting for me and the result was just magic and I just can't wait to share it all with you guys. I'm dying to share some of my titles of the record, some of the songs off the album because they're really special and just interesting to hear within itself, but soon enough guys, soon enough, I promise that it will be well worth the wait. There truly is something for everyone to enjoy on the record and as I said it's versatility is really special and it's something that I've never actually done before and being so versatile both vocally and musically, a lot of good stuff in store."

Listen to Christina's message here

zSHARE - messageaboutalbum.mp3

Shared via AddThis
Credits to: Joel Horton (Written Transcript)

1 comment: