Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Christina Aguilera Says Bionic Shows Off Her 'Superhuman' Side

'You will find on this album songs that represent the many sides of me,' she writes in a blog post.

With her new album, Bionic, about to drop in June, Christina Aguilera took to her Web site on Wednesday (April 7) to talk about the inspiration for the project. The pop star even teased touring plans, telling fans she looked forward to seeing them "on the road very soon."

"Each album I release is a representation of my personal life experiences and how they have shaped me," she wrote. "I strongly believe that life is all about growth, self-discovery and self-expression. Making music allows me to define my experiences and share them with others who might hopefully relate.

"You will find on this album songs that represent the many sides of me," Aguilera continued. "I have learned that like all women I am sometimes capable of being superhuman. Like all women I am BIONIC."

Last week, Aguilera released the first single from Bionic, "Not Myself Tonight," and she said the new music will reflect her evolution since her last studio album, Back to Basics. "I have become a mother, a wife, and most recently, an actress. There are so many characteristics that define me, and this album was put together to represent all of those different parts of myself. The sound is not necessarily easy to define because I am not easy to define."

Aguilera also said that working with a variety of artists, including Santigold, M.I.A. and Ladytron, is giving her music a different vibe than what fans might expect from the vocal powerhouse. "This allowed me to challenge myself by using my voice in ways I never had before," Aguilera wrote. "It also allowed me to push personal boundaries and explore what is possible for my future and me as an artist."

Are you looking forward to Christina's new album? Are you excited about her working with new artists? Let us know in the comments below!

Source: MTVNews

No comments:

Post a Comment