Saturday, December 11, 2010

X FACTOR FINALIST, REBECCA FERGUSON "REALLY HAPPY & NERVOUS" ABOUT SINGING WITH CHRISTINA


LIVERPOOL’S Rebecca Ferguson today told the ECHO she was ready to give winning The X Factor her best shot.
The finalist admitted she was nervous about her upcoming duet with Dirty singer Christina Aguilera on the biggest night of her life.
Meanwhile Coleen Rooney will lead the crowd cheering on the Anfield singer in her home town tonight.

The Liverpool WAG will present the broadcast from the ECHO Arena’s sister venue, the BT Convention Centre, as part of the live episode.

Our finalist revealed she had an extremely busy week after X Factor boss Simon Cowell scheduled extra rehearsals.

Rebecca said he told the acts to raise their game if they wanted to win the recording contract.

But she hit back at Simon’s claim that her mentor Cheryl Cole wouldn’t win.

She disagreed that Cheryl had “double pressure” on her having to split her time between Rebecca and rival Cher Lloyd.

She insisted having another of Cheryl’s acts in the final was no problem and said the final four contestants were “very different”.

She said: “Cheryl has been really hands on. I don’t agree with Simon, I think it was just banter.

“I think everyone in the competition is so individual and has their own unique sound.

“I’d love it if I won. It would be a dream come true, but I’m privileged I’ve got this far.
“I’m really, really happy about singing with Christina. I think her voice is amazing.
“She hasn’t done anything as big at The X Factor for a long time so I’m really excited about it, but I think I will be really nervous on the night.”

The X Factor finalists – Rebecca, Cher, Matt Cardle and One Direction – have all recorded separate songs for the first time in case they win the show.

Rebecca, 24, spent yesterday in “constant rehearsals”.

She said: “I’d like to say I’m confident, but I’m just going to do my best and hope it’s enough. It would be amazing to win.

“I’d love it if people voted for me. It’s nice people think that I’m going to be OK but you never know what can happen, ultimately my goal is to win.

“We’ve been rehearsing an awful lot because it is the final and we’ve been working hard to put on a good show.”

Rebecca said while the experience was “amazing” she was looking forward to returning home to her two children, Lillie May, six, and Karl, four.

Source: Echo

No comments:

Post a Comment