Thursday, June 24, 2010

M.I.A. SPILLS ABOUT WORKING WITH X

EXCLUSIVE | She wrote Elastic Love for Xtina ’s album…
17:47, Thursday, 24 June 2010
M.I.A has spoken to MTV News about hitting the studio with Christina Aguilera.


The independent-minded and controversial artist teamed up with the massive popstar and her producer Switch to write the song Elastic Love- which features on Xtina’s Bionic album.

“Elastic Love was the first track I recorded actually- even before I started working on my own album,” M.I.A told us. “It’s the one I made in-between taking time out and having a baby and starting mine. “

Maya continued by comparing the song to her own recent punk rock single. said: “Born Free was the first song I wrote for my album and that’s so weird now. I look back at the time and I wrote such a nice cute song for Christina- then the next song I wrote was Born Free.”

Asked by us why she agreed to work with Aguilera the XXXO singer explained: “Other people were involved who I respect like Peaches and it was like a sea of women coming together to write this new thing. Christina had also had a baby, you know, so it was kind of an interesting situation.”

When Elastic Love leaked websites reported that it featured M.I.A- rather than just Aguilera sounding very similar. And the London born star admitted being disappointed when Christina didn’t want to do her trademark warbling in the studio.

“I really thought I was going to be able to go in there and get her vocals on to the next level and she didn’t want to do it. She was like ‘You might think that’s great because it’s not what you do, but to me I’m really bored of it.”

She added: “It’s interesting getting to work with people who can do things vocally that you cant… but yeah I only heard the song for the first time when everyone else did.”
By Tom Thorogood

Source: MTV
Credits: I'm_Always_Right

No comments:

Post a Comment