Thursday, October 28, 2010

CHRISTINA DOES NOT FEEL SHE IS SUCCESSFUL ENOUGH YET

CHRISTINA AGUILERA IS AN "OVERACHIEVER AND AN EXTREME PERFECTIONIST", WHO DOESN'T FEEL SHE IS SUCCESSFUL ENOUGH YET.

The singer-and-actress released her debut album in 1999, and has gone on to sell over 46 million albums worldwide and win a host of awards, including four Grammys. She has now turned her hand to movie making, and can soon be seen in Burlesque alongside Cher. Christina portrays small-town singer Ali Rose, who makes the move to Los Angeles to try and launch a career in showbiz, and is taken under the wing of nightclub owner Tess, played by Cher.

Despite her career going from strength to strength, Christina isn’t happy. She strives to have more in her life, and won’t be happy until all her goals are fulfilled.
“There are still so many things that I’m yet to accomplish, I think it’s something that I do tell myself, just to stay hungry,” she told the British edition of InStyle magazine. “I am an overachiever and an extreme perfectionist. I would like to do more film and I feel that I still have yet to acquire the type of success that I desire.

“I’m sure there will definitely be a place that I will be at peace with knowing I’ve accomplished a lot.”
The 29-year-old explained she always knew she wanted to be a world famous singer. She was unhappy with her debut pop-inspired album, revealing it didn’t feel like the sort of music she should be making. Since then she’s worked hard to find her own voice, and will never let herself release something she doesn’t like again.
“I learnt that lesson really early on, because I had a lot of commercial success with my very first album and I was miserable doing it, because it didn’t come from me,” she explained. “It was part of the whole pop explosion that seemed very puppeteered. I’m not a gimmick. I do like to stay with what’s closest to my heart, so all of that is hoopla and fluff and I just don’t like to entertain it.”
Christina’s latest album Bionic did not do as well as expected, and she recently filed for divorce from her husband Jordan Bratman. The pair have not discussed the reasons for the split, preferring to keep them private. The singer also had a tough childhood – she has previously said her father was abusive – and says setbacks only make her stronger.
“Even my past with my father and the abuse that went on, I developed a fighter outlook,” she said. “I am one of those who is driven by people who tried to push me down, rather than being overcome by it.”
Source: MusicRooms

No comments:

Post a Comment