Monday, October 18, 2010

MADAM X'S SEXUAL EXPERIMENTATION

Having only just split from Jordan Bratman earlier this week, it's perhaps not so shocking that gossip sites and magazines are grasping at possible reasons it didn't work out between Christina Aguilera and her husband. The most recent development: x17 is reporting — from an anonymous source — that the singer had an open marriage so she could sleep with women, and that she is now dating Samantha Ronson.

While neither Christina or Sam have commented, and it's usually hit or miss with gossip sites like x17, we do know that the singer has discussed her interest in women in the past. Back in 2004, she told a reporter:
Two women are way sexier than two men in bed. We have a better feel for our bodies. I love experimenting with my sexuality. Sex is a beautiful thing. I like having sex. It’s fun.
That was only a few months after she famously shared a kiss with Madonna on stage at the VMAs.Later that year, she told Zoo magazine:
I love experimenting with my sexuality. If that means girls then so be it. It would be wrong to hide this side of my personality.
Six years later, she echos the same sentiments with Company:
I feel sexuality to be very empowering. I think men love to believe that they own our sexuality, so if a woman represents herself in a sexual way, people think, 'Oh it must be for a man." But men don't have the right to own our sexuality. If I want to be sexual, it's for my own appreciation and enjoyment! That's why I like to talk about the fact that sometimes I am attracted to women. I appreciate their femininity and beauty.
This was around the time she released her video for "Not Myself Tonight," which featured Christina sharing some S&M-themed moments with another woman. When Out asked her about the song's line "I'm kissing all the girls, I'm kissing all the boys," she responded:
I don’t get to kiss all the girls and the boys, but my husband knows that I get into girls. I think it’s fun to be open and play. The line is real to me. My husband and I check in with each other, but I definitely love women. I think they’re more attractive to the naked eye. I don’t think I could ever really be with a woman because that’s a lot of…what do you call it? Guys have testosterone, girls have… Yeah, there’s a lot of estrogen and I’m a lot to deal with when it’s that time of the month, so I can’t imagine it times two. And you know, I love dick. To be honest, that I cannot live without.
As you can tell, Christina poses her discussions of fluid sexuality as related to purely sex. When it comes to having a relationship with a woman, it appears she is not so interested, or at least had yet to engage in something emotional with someone of the same sex.

Although she doesn't specifically refer to herself as bisexual, it does seem that Christina isn't straight. It's only now that she is single again that it seems to be relevant and newsworthy to the gossip rags, who are running the story widely as if Christina has never spoken on the record to say she's attracted to women.

We don't know if she had an "arrangement" with her husband where she could sleep with women, or was sending bodyguards to pick them up from The Abbey as x17 also writes. And it could just be an easy assumption to make that Christina is going gay for Samantha because they recently went on a trip together with a few other friends, including Nicole Richie, sans husbands or other male pals.

But we do know that Christina has never shied away from her interest in relationships with women, and if they are purely sexual, that's her prerogative.

Source:
AfterEllen

No comments:

Post a Comment