Friday, December 3, 2010

[PHOTOS] 'BURLESQUE' ORIGINAL MOVIE COSTUMES ON DISPLAY AT 'THE ARCLIGHT' IN HOLLYWOOD


If you're fan of Christina Aguilera or simply love musicals, then you'll adore these original movie costumes worn by the pop star in the new musical spectacle in which she stars with Cher, Burlesque.

In Steven Antin's original musical, Christina Aguilera plays 'Ali', a small-town girl who moves to L.A. to pursue her dreams of fame and fortune. Once there she discovers the ailing Burlesque Lounge, owned by 'Tess' (Cher), and becomes a waitress there until she convinces the retired dancer to give her a chance on stage. During a performance when the sound is maliciously cut, Ali breaks into song and proves what a star she is, soon becoming the venue's headline act.

These costumes designed by Michael Kaplan were worn by Christina Aguilera for specific songs and stage performances in the movie.

The eye-catching costume on display, a Swarovski-encrusted corset, was worn for the song 'But I Am a Good Girl' when Stanley Tucci's character 'Sean', suggests Ali wears a wig on stage.

Michael Kaplan has said he wanted the satin pink and peach feathered costume to look like a dessert.

All these wonderful outfits were photographed on display at ArcLight Hollywood cinema in L.A. on November 24, 2010, along with this short video clip of the costume exhibit.



Original movie costumes worn by Christina Aguilera in Burlesque
on display at ArcLight Hollywood Cinema






Source: HollywoodMovieCostumesAndProps

3 comments:

  1. I loved the costumes and performances in this movie!! I watched about half it last night on my phone while I waited for my boyfriend to finish working out and was really impressed by Christina’s performance. I never thought she could act but boy was I wrong! On thing I really love about working for DISH is that I always know about their deals and newest technology like their Sling Adapter that allows watching shows and movies on my smart phone. Now they’re even offering the Sling Adapter free. To find out how you can get it and get TV on your mobile device, check out http://bit.ly/k1ZtGO. It’s super handy when waiting for anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one she worn in the "I Am A Good Girl" perform... That is so hot!... Loved it!

    ReplyDelete