Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christina Aguilera Asked To Have Her ‘Burlesque’ Role Be ‘Tougher’ & ‘More Spunky’

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
Christina Aguilera has come a long way since her early days of bubblegum pop songs and starring with Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake on “Mickey Mouse Club.” For her upcoming big screen role in “Burlesque,” the singer asked for the writers to give her character more of an edge.

”[It was] kind of like my first day at school,” she told Marie Claire in its February issue, referring to the film, which she’s in the midst of shooting in LA with Cher. “I didn’t want to do something that was easy for me. I’ve actually had my character rewritten to be tougher and a little more spunky.”

The singer said making the movie with Cher has been a major career high – along with a chance to learn.

“It’s been quite the journey, let me tell you!” she continued. “Almost like training camp.”

In addition to her movie, Christina will also be releasing a new album, “Bionic,” in the spring – which she hopes will continue to inspire her female fans.

“I try to motivate women and make them feel empowered by their sexuality,” she said of her music. “Anything that a man likes to make a woman feel weak about.”

But Christina said her most important role is being a mother to her and husband Jordan Bratman’s 2-year-old son, Max.

“It’s really important that I’m the first thing he sees when he wakes up in the morning and the last thing he sees before bed,” she said.

Source:
AccessHollywood

No comments:

Post a Comment