Thursday, October 1, 2009

[NEWS] CHRISTINA AGUILERA'S 4TH STUDIO ALBUM IS 100% FINISHED

My ears are ringing from the huge siren in the PopWrap office that just went off. We have it set to sound every time Christina Aguilera is mentioned anywhere on the interwebs and damnit if I had to sign up for Braille classes today.

OK, so that isn't entirely true, but the fact that Jarett and I are both huge X-tina fans is definitely a fact. So when I heard that her fourth studio album is now all wrapped up in a nice little bow and ready for the masses, I just about dirrrrrtied myself.

Tricky Stewart (the mastermind behind Rihanna’s “Umbrella” and BeyoncĂ©’s “Single Ladies”) sat down with Rap-Up.com for an exclusive interview on Christina's finished album, and damn if he didn't yap yap yap. Tricky started by saying, “I really feel it’s one of her best bodies of work that I’ve heard since 'Stripped.' I think it’s really, really amazing and I think it’s well put together."

The follow-up to 2006’s "Back to Basics" has been described as a departure from her past efforts. “It’s just great. I wouldn’t say that it’s alternative, I wouldn’t say that it’s different,” he shared. “Christina’s always been an artist that moves the bar and that’s what the great ones do. They don’t stay in the same place for too long and this album is just another move for her.”

PopWrap previously reported that there was speculation of the blond Micky Mouse Club alumnus collaborating with Sia, Santigold and M.I.A. of which Tricky also semi-cleared up. When asked about the M.I.A. duet, he said “I know that she did it,” confirmed Tricky, “and I know that there’s a lot of other cool features, like I know that she has Santigold and Flo Rida on there.” There are also rumors that other collaborations on the album include Claude Kelly, Ladytron, Linda Perry, Diplo & Switch, Goldfrapp, Ladyhawke and Le Tigre. If that's the case, there will be a massive party in my living room come release day -- mark my words.

Speaking of words (segway!), no word on a release date or first single as of yet, but it's definitely on the 2010 roster. And the timing couldn't be better because Christina has given word that she wants to shift her focus from music to movies -- she's set to star in "Burlesque," a musical co-starring Cher and "Twilight" hottie Cam Gigandet that I've already bought tickets for. Well, in my mind.

Source: NewYorkPost

No comments:

Post a Comment