Thursday, October 1, 2009

[NEWS] TRICKY STEWART TALKS ABOUT CHRISTINA AGUILERA'S NEW ALBUM

Tricky Stewart has not only been busy working on new projects for Ciara, Rihanna, Diddy, and The-Dream, but also Christina Aguilera’s long-awaited fourth studio album. The producer with the Midas touch let Rap-Up.com in on a few secrets from his recording sessions with the pop princess.


“I’m working on Christina Aguilera’s album for next year,” Tricky told Rap-Up.com in an exclusive interview.



The follow-up to 2006’s Back to Basics has been described as a departure from her past efforts. “It’s just great. I wouldn’t say that it’s alternative, I wouldn’t say that it’s different,” he shared. “Christina’s always been an artist that moves the bar and that’s what the great ones do. They don’t stay in the same place for too long and this album is just another move for her.”



The hitmaking machine behind Rihanna’s “Umbrella” and Beyoncé’s “Single Ladies” believes this album will take its place among Aguilera’s best work. “I really feel it’s one of her best bodies of work that I’ve heard since Stripped. I think it’s really, really amazing and I think it’s well put together.”



The record has something for everyone. “She’s mixing it up again. She’s singing R&B again, she’s doing pop. She’s doing it all, but she’s found a way to make it all meet in the middle because she’s so many different things. She’s a real serious musician, she’s a real serious pop artist, and she’s a real serious singer. She’s making all her audiences happy at the same time.”



The mother of one had previously revealed a collaboration with M.I.A. “I know that she did it,” confirmed Tricky, “and I know that there’s a lot of other cool features, like I know that she has Santigold and Flo Rida on there.”



Tricky enlisted the “Right Round” rapper for one of the cuts. “I put Flo Rida on my record because I love what he does. I think sometimes he doesn’t get credit for being as dope as he is, but he’s really dope.”



Fans will have to wait until next year for the album while the pop star focuses on Burlesque, her musical co-starring Cher. “She’s gonna do the film first. She didn’t want to not be able to promote this record because it’s gonna be a big record for her,” explained Tricky.



But rest assured that the futuristic-sounding project is on its way. “The album is finished. She’s mixing. She hasn’t made a final decision about what the first single is, but I know everyone feels good about their options.”



Source: RapUp

2 comments:

  1. Wooohooo!! I expected a 2010 release. It's all good. As long as she gets to properly promote the record and fully commit to Burlesque and it's promotion, all is well. I can't wait for both projects. We Christina fans have a lot to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kel: We sure do. 2010 is going to be her year!

    ReplyDelete