Saturday, July 11, 2009

[INTERACTIVE] THE MUSIC 'I' IDENTIFY TO

There is not a song in Christina Aguilera's music catalog that I don't like. I LOVE all her music plain and simple. There is so much range in genres, I find that her collection is nothing short of masterful. One of the extensive reasons why she's so popular is that her music speaks to people. I've compiled a list of the songs I most identify with and am providing a little back story as to why each song touches home on a such a personal level.
1. Keeps Gettin' Better This is my favorite song ever by her. It's a fierce, electric, fiery number that is my personal anthem.☺I play this every time I'm in the car, drivin' out of control, gettin' ready to crash! Not to mention, some days, I really am a super bitch, but it won't last forever. In my new found independence from this previous ex, I don't let anyone stand in my way of the things I want. There really is a villain in me...

2. Beautiful Words can't bring me down... There was a time in my life where self esteem wasn't even existent. I was in a very low place that I have this song to thank for my salvation. I am going to be really candid when I speak on this, but there was a time when I was anorexic/bullimic (but luckily for only a few weeks), and seeing this video helped shake me out of that realm of thinking. This song is telling us to be proud of who we are. Being gay as well, I felt extremely outcasted at my high school. My friends at the time backstabbed me, ridiculed me, but I got through it all with this song and music video. Thank you Christina!
3. Fighter From beginning to end, the lyrical content of this song strikes every chord in some incidents from my past. I dedicate this song to a couple people, but one stands out among the rest...an ex of mine. I gave up everything for him, moved across country, isolated myself from friends of mine, completely forgot who I was. The breakup was the most awake I've ever felt and vowed to never let a man influence me so heavily ever again.

4. Dirrty It's how I like to get down on the dancefloor and in the...bedroom. Great feeling of sexual empowerment when I hear this song. I get goosebumps every time I hear it.☺

5. Can't Hold Us Down "Call me a bitch cause I speak what's on my mind, guess it's easier for you if I sat and smiled." I can't tell you how great it is to speak your mind. I am not one to sugarcoat things, I'm real, and honest. This song is dedicated to those out there who lose their minds over complete honesty.

6. I Got Trouble "I've got a wicked taste for trouble, and it'll never satisfy, yeah I'm a whole lotta trouble baby, my evil ways can't hide, well I been itchin for some trouble babe, every single day that I'm alive."

7. Come on Over (All I Want Is You) "Hey boy, don't ya know? I've got somethin goin on. I've got an invitation, don't ya keep me waiting all night long." "I'm not just talking about your sexuality, but I can't help myself when you put your hands on me." This song goes to anyone who has ever made me go crazy. Muah!

8. I Turn To You Like Christina, I dedicate this one to my Mom. She's been my rock through some of the most difficult times in my life. I Love you Mom.

9. Underappreciated "I feel underappreciated" for how committed I am. I devote myself to everything I pursue (i.e. ex), and frankly have only found disappointment.

10. Mercy On Me Testify.
Readers: List your top songs you identify with most and share with us a little bit about yourself! It would be great to hear from YOU. Much love.

ADDED more Music.

UPDATE: 'The Music I Identify To' RESPONSES:

By Christina's bloGspot reader: 2Dirrty4U
I think this is a really cool idea. My real name is Joey, I’m 17 years old, and I just became a senior in high school. I gotta say Xtinas music has really helped me over the years. She is my inspiration.

1) Fighter- This song has really hit home 4 me on many levels, going from my family and friends. Allot of my life I have been lied to and betrayed. This song made me realize that all those people that hurt me and obstacles I have over come made me such a stronger person. This song 4 me highlights my past, present, and more than likely it will indicate future problems. I think that people constantly change from their experiences, whether it is good or bad. This song however made me realize how to change those obstacles 4 the good. This is the song that helped me realize that I am a Fighter.

2) Dirrty- Party Anthem!!!!! This song can always get me dancing (N I suck at dancing). Also I think that this really does help me liberate my sexuality, being gay I think that this song gives me more confidence with my sexual side.

3) Hurt- This song at first was so hard 4 me 2 listen to because I could not stop crying. My best friend unfortunately passed away from a drug overdose a few years ago. He was really everything to me. This song in away helped coped with my feelings and was healthier to listen 2, rather then to cry myself 2 sleep every night. He had a rough life and resorted to joining a gang. He then began to get an addiction with drugs and I tried to help him. But I regret not giving him more help then I think he should have gotten. I put allot of blame and responsibility 4 his death by not getting him enough help.

4) Keeps Gettin' Better- This track is fire!! Asome to dance to and reflects my personality. I can be such a super bitch at times (well maybe most often), but I’m also very sweet. A villain I guess u could say. In movies I do tend to root 4 the bad guy. Also I can be seductive too. I don’t actually look all that bad. (So I have been told by others, I’m not that really into my looks) This is just asome and really shows how XTINA just KEEPS GETTIN' BETTER!!!

5) Candyman- Another fun song to dance too. This song 4 me at least really takes me to a happy place. I love the retro style and I think it sounds really fresh. I also can’t wait till I find my Candyman.

6) Walk Away- This song has really been there 4 me alot in the past with my so called best friend. I started developing alot of feelings 4 him and he completely took advantage of me. I’m very smart, so took advantage of that and I ended up doing alot of his school work. I’m the reason that hes graduating this year when we go back 2 school. He abused me so much mentally. I feel so hard 4 him, but he kept rejecting my existence. Instead of ending it with me he just led me on to take advantage of my money when we worked 2gether, school work, and my connections with people. Still 4 some reason I couldn’t walk away. Something about him still pulls me. I’m very miserable because of him, but even though it is still hard I’m going to try harder to walk away from him.

7) Genie 2.0- I loved genie in a Bottle, but after I heard this version it was like that song never existed. I love this remake ever since she did it at the vmas. HOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! Great beat to dance to and so seductive!! She sounds so sexy in this song; it’s a great take on her voice. This song rubbed me the right way!

8) Make Over- Amazing song! This song represents the essence of my rebellion. I am tired of being judged, manipulated, and criticized for who I am. Just like the song says people need to save their bullshit 4 another day. I will not be made over by people because who I am doesn’t satisfy them. I just wanna live simple and free.

9) Cruz- I can’t wait to play this song when I leave the hell hole that is my house. I’m the oldest of 6 kids and my parents both hate each other, so it’s kind of crazy in my house. When I listen to this song, it makes me feel free. I can’t wait 4 this song to become my reality. Hopefully it’s really soon!! This song makes me feel alive whenever I play it in the car. Such an asome song.

10) I Got Trouble- Ok I will admit that I can cause alot of trouble and at times I can be a horrible person. HAHA! But hey. its fun. 4 some reason getting into trouble always seems fun and alot of the times has a interesting story to tell at the end of it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Christina's bloGspot reader: nisi
LOVE your list... hope more people drop theirs.. its interesting to see what touched people and why...

My list would be:

1. Save Me From Myself... I'm gonna be walking down the isle to that song.. it best describes my relationship to my eight year boyfriend.... him's a keeper...

2. Mercy on Me... I've felt this way before and the way she sings it sends shivers down my spine...

3. Without You... yet another song depicting how I feel 'bout my man... plus the softness in her voice... lovely...

4. Oh Mother... I've never seen or been through domestic violence myself but my fiance definitely has. He's told me lots of horror stories, so this song I dedicate to his mother and the other women in his family....

5. Walk Away... In our 8 years of being together, we went through some rough patches... this song has definitely made me cry a few times... thankfully I never walked too far away...

6. I Got Trouble... I may look and sound like that sweet petite girl but I can cause a lil' trouble here and there... kinda like chris' in that way..

7. you are what you are (Beautiful)... I LOVE LOVE LOVE this re-imagining of Beautiful... I loved the first one but for some reason this one literally takes me away with it...

8. Impossible... my fiance and I have been together since we were 16. We've actually grown up together, so we had to teach each other how to love without walls...

9. Nasty Naughty Boy.... ummm, you can figure out that one for yourselves... heehee

10. Dirrty... Please don't condemn me, but I actually didn't like Christina at first. I thought her first album was superficial, just like Britney's and all the other teeny boppers out there... but then she went into hiding and when she came out of her oh-so-familiar "creative cave" she showed us her dirrty side. I was shocked, excited, turned on, and shaking my ass all at the same time. I know what its like to feel like you have to hide your sexuality or who you really are because society tells you to. She showed her bravery and taught me how to do the same....

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your list... hope more people drop theirs.. its interesting to see what touched people and why...

    My list would be:

    1. Save Me From Myself... I'm gonna be walking down the isle to that song.. it best describes my relationship to my eight year boyfriend.... him's a keeper...

    2. Mercy on Me... I've felt this way before and the way she sings it sends shivers down my spine...

    3. Without You... yet another song depicting how I feel 'bout my man... plus the softness in her voice... lovely...

    4. Oh Mother... I've never seen or been through domestic violence myself but my fiance definitely has. He's told me lots of horror stories, so this song I dedicate to his mother and the other women in his family....

    5. Walk Away... In our 8 years of being together, we went through some rough patches... this song has definitely made me cry a few times... thankfully I never walked too far away...

    6. I Got Trouble... I may look and sound like that sweet petite girl but I can cause a lil' trouble here and there... kinda like chris' in that way..

    7. you are what you are (Beautiful)... I LOVE LOVE LOVE this re-imagining of Beautiful... I loved the first one but for some reason this one literally takes me away with it...

    8. Impossible... my fiance and I have been together since we were 16. We've actually grown up together, so we had to teach each other how to love without walls...

    9. Nasty Naughty Boy.... ummm, you can figure out that one for yourselves... heehee

    10. Dirrty... Please don't condemn me, but I actually didn't like Christina at first. I thought her first album was superficial, just like Britney's and all the other teeny boppers out there... but then she went into hiding and when she came out of her oh-so-familiar "creative cave" she showed us her dirrty side. I was shocked, excited, turned on, and shaking my ass all at the same time. I know what its like to feel like you have to hide your sexuality or who you really are because society tells you to. She showed her bravery and taught me how to do the same....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your list! The anecdotes are great. I completely full-out want to echo that statement you made about Dirrty: "I was shocked, excited, turned on, and shaking my ass all at the same time. I know what its like to feel like you have to hide your sexuality or who you really are because society tells you to. She showed her bravery and taught me how to do the same..."

    Great post Nisi!

    ReplyDelete